Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Back to School

 Back to School - Teacher Goodies!



It's that time again - Back to School! When my children were younger, this was an opportunity to get a head start on making Teacher Gifts for Christmas. Fast forward to this year, and it's my grandaughter who wants to make and give little gifts to her teacher. I love having project kits for her to make with me!

I have so much great ribbon from Gwen Studios, I decided to make a few ribbon embellished Teacher projects, then put together some kits for my grandaughter (she inherited the "craft" gene) to make. You'll find all the colorful Gwen Studios Grosgrain Ribbon I used in these projects on WalMart website or Michaels website.

Here are the ribbons I used in the projects:

Gwen Studios 1 1/2" Orange and Yellow Grosgrain Ribbons

Gwen Studios 1" Green and Black Grosgrain Ribbons

Gwen Studios 5/8" Red and White Grosgrain Ribbons

Gwen Studios 3/8" Yellow, Red and Black Grosgrain Ribbons

You'll also need:

Square, Oval or Round Container for the Crayon Bin

3 Packages of 24 Crayons

Assorted Wood Cut Outs 

Lo-Temp Glue Gun

Black Cable Tie

Instructions: Crayon Container


This cute crayon container had a humble beginning...a paper mache box with no top that I recycled for this project. You could use any square mini box (cardboard or wood), or even an empty tin can for this project. It's quick and easy! Now is the time to stock up on crayons for this project...most of the stores are marking them down in the Back to School section. I got several boxes for .50 cents at my local Wal Mart.


Use a lo-temp glue gun to attach crayons vertically around the box. Add 1" Gwen Studios Black and 3/8" Gwen Studios Red grosgrain ribbon around the box as shown. I had a mini chalkboard and 1-2-3 wood cutout I added to the front, but you could just use a bow instead. The completed project is perfect to contain cookies, candy, or treat bags. Afterwards, the teacher can use it on her desk to organize supplies.

Instructions: Red Tin with School Bus


This project could not be easier - Simply glue ribbon around the container (I used a Red tin) Then add a bow and school bus cutout to the top. To make the bow, I cut 6" lengths of assorted widths of grosgrain ribbon then bundled them thightly with a cable tie. Dovetail the ribbon ends, then fluff out the bow. Glue it to the top of the container. Tie a simple bow with 1 1/2" Orange grosgrain ribbon, then glue it behind the multi-strand bow. 


Glue the school bus cut out at the front and this project is done! For a teacher gift, I'd probably add some hard candies or chocolates.

Instructions: Mini Tin



This little tin is perfect to contain paper clips or push pins. Glue 1 1/2" Yellow grosgrain ribbon then 1" Green grosgrain ribbon around a white square mini tin. Glue an apple cutout on front and a 3/8" Green grossgrain ribbon bow to the top.

Adding a touch of ribbon to a project really dresses it up, and makes decorating the project quick, quick, quick! I'm sure you'll find lots of other ways to use this great ribbon from Gwen Studios as well.

Happy crafting!

Jean

Check out the Gwen Studios Blog for more great projects!


See what other Designers are making with Gwen Studios ribbon on Designer Crafts Connection!





No comments:

Post a Comment