Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Holiday Candle Centerpiece with Gwen Studios Ribbon

 Holiday Candle Centerpiece



I have to be honest - I'm a craft supply hoarder, literally. Years ago (and just a little bit now, lol) I made and sold crafts. It was a very successful business, we were called "Professional Crafters" way back then. It was while I was a Professional Crafter that one of my handcrafts was discovered (Spoolie Dolls), and I went on to write a book for a publisher, then work for that publisher and author over 200 how-to craft books! From there, I taught at Industry Trade Shows, and finally worked with manufacturers and became a product developer.

It was a long road....with lots of supplies. My goal this year is to sort through supplies and to make some new and upscaled projects to give as gifts and use in my own home. Over the years I've saved way too much!

When unpacking a closet, I found half a dozen of these LARGE coffee table candles. With the holidays approaching, I decided to make a gift for my daughter, who is a bit of a rebel and doesn't decorate in the traditional Christmas colors, but in Blue! Actually, I like this, especially for winter projects like this one in Blue and White carries through the entire winter season.

There is simply no project that ribbon doesn't enhance and this one is no different. I used Gwen Studios Double Faced Satin Ribbon for the decorative touches on this candle setting - and I think it came out beautifully! The ribbon is shiny and luxurious, perfect for my project.

Did I say this project is EASY to make? Yes, it is. I created this one in less than 30 minutes and you can too! Whether you use the Light Blue Double Faced Satin Ribbon I used, or traditional Christmas Colors of Red and Green Ribbon, Gwen Studios ribbon will make it simply elegant! You'll find Gwen Studios ribbon on Michaels.com or on Walmart.com

Supplies Needed:

Gwen Studios 1 ½” Double-faced Light Blue Satin Ribbon

Pine Garland (Dollar Tree)

Ivory and Silver Silk Poinsettias, 2 Sprays (about 6 Poinsettias total)

Ivory Berry Spray

Glitter Greenery Spray

Frosted Snow Greenery Spray

Silver Chenille Stems, 3

6” Diameter Ivory Candle

 

Instructions:

1.     The pine garland from the Dollar Store comes in a coil. I simply removed the hang tag! If you are using other greenery, coil it so the candle will fit inside.

2.     1. Make three bundles of poinsettias and greenery. Twist a silver chenille stem around bundle to secure. Arrange and glue bundles to wrapped garland as shown in photo.

3.     2. Make an accordion loop ribbon bow and secure through center loop with a silver chenille stem (refer to photo). Add an 18” ribbon streamer. Spread bow loops, then attach bow to pine greener wreath at center area of floral elements. Weave streamers among floral elements.

4.     3. Add candle to center of wreath. That was easy! I think I'll use up those other 5 candles I found, this was too easy! Happy Crafting!



.







1 comment: