Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Holiday Cards with Gwen Studios Die Cut Ribbon




I love making quick and easy cards and tags, and I'm always on the lookout for components that save time and add extra pizazz.

You can imagine how delighted I was, when Gwen Studios sent me samples of this adorable and intricate Christmas Die Cut Ribbon. I immediately saw how simple strips of this ribbon run vertically or horizontally on a greeting card would look fabulous!

I'm not one for all the time consuming fancy techniques some use to make their cards, but I DO like my projects to look great! Packing in some intricate detail with these Die Cut Ribbons was just perfect for my style.

Here is how I made the cards and the supplies I used:

Gwen Studios™ Gold Reindeer Die Cut Ribbon

Gwen Studios™ Silver Snowflake Die Cut Ribbon

Gwen Studios™ Silver "Falala" Die Cut Ribbon

Gwen Studios™ Red Lightbulb Die Cut Ribbon

Gwen Studios™ Gingerbread Die Cut Ribbon

Gwen Studios Christmas Ribbon Pack

Gwen Studios 7/8" Blue Satin Ribbon

Gwen Studios 7/8" White Satin Ribbon

4" x 6" White Notecards with Envelopes

Beacon® Zip Dry™ Adhesive

Your choice of Christmas Scrapbook Paper (I used: Candy Cane Stripe, Holiday Saying Squares, Blue Pearl, Red with Metallic Dot, Red and Green Cardstock)

Scissors and Paper Trimmer

Reindeer Card

1. Cut your choice of holiday paper to fit the front of the greeting card, or leave it plain White like I did with the Reindeer Card. 

2. Layer a square saying with Green Cardstock, then glue on the Reindeer Card. Glue a strip of Die Cut Reindeer Ribbon to the bottom 1/3 of the card. From the Christmas Ribbon Favor Pack  to add a glue strip of Green and Gold Snowflake Ribbon then Gold Metallic Ribbon under the Reindeer ribbon.

3. I added a Gold Metallic Ribbon bow to embellish the saying square. Card #1 done!

Gingerbread Card

1. Cut and glue peppermint stripe paper to the front of the card.

2. Cut and glue strip of coordinating Red paper across the card. Add a strip of White grossgrain ribbon (or White yardstick) onto the Red paper.

3. Glue the Gingerbread Die Cut Ribbon on top of the White strip.

4. Create a layered square embellishment using a Red cardstock square and gingerbread icon from scrapbook paper (or print one from clip art on your computer). Card #2 done!

Snowflake Card

1. Cut and glue Blue Pearl cardstock to the front of the card.

2. Cut 7/8" Blue Satin Ribbon, then glue across the bottom area of the card. Glue Snowflake Die cut Trim on top.

3. Cut Blue Satin Ribbon for the middle area of the card, notch both ends of the ribbon then glue in place.

4. Glue "Falala" Silver Die Cut Ribbon on top of the Blue Satin Ribbon.

5. Trim 3 Snowflakes from the Silver Snowflake Ribbon, then glue them across the card, centering between the upper and lower ribbon strips. Card #3 done!

Tis the Season Card

1. Cut Red Cardstock (mine had metallic dots) for the front of the card; glue in place.

2. Cut a Green Cardstock rectangle, 1/2" smaller on all sides than the card; glue in place.

3. Cut Green Holly Leaf Satin Ribbon and Red Holiday Lightbulb Die Cut Ribbon to go across lower area of the card (refer to photo for placement). Glue in place.

4. Layer a holiday saying square paper square with Red Cardstock. Glue in place on the card. Card #4 done!

Each of these cards took me less than 10 minutes to make! My kind of crafting!! I am sending these to a special friend to use for Christmas. She just moved away from her dear friends, and I know she'll love being able to send them a handcrafted card this Christmas. This is my "handcrafted gift from the heart" to her.

I hope you'll try your hand at these cards, or other projects you can make with the Die Cut Ribbon. It's available right now in your WalMart Store and on walmart.com. Here is a picture of what the display looks like:



Create your own "gift from the heart" this Holiday Season!

Thank you to Gwen Studios for providing me with the ribbons to make these projects!


And, thank you to Designer Craft Connection for inviting me to participate in this blog project!

Please be sure to visit these blogs to see the other Designers who also did projects with this fabulous Die Cut Ribbon! You'll enjoy seeing the variety of different projects and gift items. Just click on the Designer Crafts Connection logo or HERE.

1 comment: