Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Gwen Studios Ribbon - The Perfect Accent!





While perusing the Dollar Tree, I ran across some turquise and blue accessories I thought would give a little "uplift" to my guest bathroom. To coordinate the items, I added.....of course....some ribbon trim. I'm really pleased with how they turned out and they look so cute on my bathroom shelf.

For the glass jar on the left I made a six loop bow of Gwen Studios 5/8" turquoise grosgrain ribbon and turquoise and white dot 3/8" Gwen Studios favor pack ribbon. I added a white starfish accent under the bow. I'm going to put a scented candle inside this jar.




The flower vase jar is the same ribbon uses the same ribbon, glued around the vase, then glued a simple bow on the top ribbon. I added a painted wood fish underneath the bow.

The beaded swag shown just needed a couple of ribbons tied on. I used a few scrap pieces of Gwen Studios Taffy Stripe ribbon I had left from another project.

The little starfish jar will hold shells from my vacation at the beach. Remember to soak your seashells in bleach for a day or two, then set them in the sun to dry out.

What grouping is complete without a HOME sign? This one had a bead hanger, and while I chose not to hang my plaque (I put it on a shelf) I did think it needed some ribbon to match the rest of the group. I simply tied strips of 5/8" Gwen Studios turquoise and white grosgrain ribbon onto the hanger between the beads.

I'm happy with how this group turned out...it never ceases to amaze me how a touch of ribbon can make such a difference!

All the ribbons used in these projects are from Gwen Studios. You'll find a great assortment of their ribbons available online at Michaels, Wal-Mart and Amazon.

Happy crafting!

Jean




 

No comments:

Post a Comment